Our intrepid heroes negotiated passage on a Ratchet Lines coach to Altdorf.
- Bailed the two drunk coachmen out when they couldn’t come up with the money to pay for their tab
- Convinced said coachmen to leave at the crack of dawn in order to avoid riding on the roof of an overbooked coach
- chatted up the various customers of the inn – Lady Isolde and her bodyguard Maria, the apprentice physician Ernst, the Bretonian mercenary Decartes, the inn keeper Gustav, and the Ratchet Lines coachmen Gunnar and Hurtz
- broke a wheel while trying to drive the coach too fast
- happened upon a scene of horrific savagery while on the road to Altdorf